According to home staging expert Debra Gould, founder of the Staging Diva Home Staging Business Training Program, “If you have a passion for decorating, an interest in real estate and a desire to start your own business, home staging is the perfect career for you to consider.”
Although there are many reasons why home staging is a great start up business, the following are Gould’s top five:
1. It’s not expensive to get started. There’s not much in the way of overhead expenses with a home staging business. As a home stager you don’t have to carry any inventory or invest in any pricey equipment and you work from your own home office. It’s also worth noting that as a stager you won’t have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive print advertising because Gould says, “that type of advertising doesn’t work for a small staging business anyway!”
2. There’s a high earning potential. Home stagers have the potential to earn a six-figure salary if their services are priced properly. Homeowners stand to make a very significant profit on the investment they make in a professional stager so they will spend hundreds of dollars on staging services. It’s up to you to make sure you’re not undervaluing your time and the talent you bring to the table. “Many Staging Diva Graduates report making more in a single week than could earn in an entire month working full time in their previous career,” states Gould.
3. You set your own schedule. You can easily juggle your home staging career around your family and/or commitments from a fulltime job. If you can only work during the day while your children are at school then set your appointments accordingly. If you prefer to be at home for your family during the day then set your appointments only for weekends or early evenings. It’s all up to you.
4. Formal training and certifications are not necessary. Some home staging training organizations would like you to believe that there is some sort of special certification or set of staging credentials needed in order to be a home stager, but Gould says that couldn’t be further from the truth. She states, “You could start calling yourself a home stager today without having taken a single course or completed a single home staging project. The field of home staging is completely unregulated and there’s no such thing as a home staging certification.
The point is, there is no need to spend years undergoing training and paying for expensive certifications to start a home staging business. Investing in some staging courses that will help you learn to properly price and market your services is the only training you need!”
5. Get paid for your creativity! One of The Staging Diva’s favorite things about being a home stager is that she gets to use her creativity every day instead of having that part of herself stifled behind a desk. She states, “I love seeing my creative vision come to fruition at the end of a project and I love hearing the results my clients get from my work. It feels great to open up opportunities in peoples’ lives by getting them a great return on the sale of their largest asset.”
The Staging Diva Program will teach you everything you need to know to start and grow a successful staging business. All it takes besides a natural talent for decorating is 10 hours to listen to the audio recordings. Staging Diva is about building a successful business, it is not a decorating program!
About Staging Diva
The creator of the Staging Diva Home Staging Business Training Program, Debra Gould has staged millions of dollars worth of real estate, including seven of her own homes. She is the president of home staging firm SixElements.com and has trained over 4000 home stagers to start and grow their own businesses.
Debra has gained international recognition through features in major media in the US and Canada including: This Old House, HGTV, CNN Money, CBC National News, CBS Radio, Global TV, City TV, The Wall Street Journal, Women’s Day, Reader’s Digest and more.
©2002-2023 Six Elements Design Group Inc. All rights reserved. Republication or dissemination of this content is expressly prohibited without written permission.
®Staging Diva is a registered trademark, and ™Debra Gould Studio is a trademark, of Six Elements Design Group Inc.
Debra Gould Studio
Shop Our Store!
Add Your COMMENTs BELOW