There are lots of simple things a homeowner can do on their own to decorate their house to sell, but many are unsure of where to start. The process of selling a home can be completely overwhelming, but a Home Stager has the ability to look at a home with a fresh pair of eyes as a highly critical buyer would. Staging Diva® Debra Gould offers 5 reasons why hiring a professional stager is worth the investment.
5 Reasons To Hire a Professional Home Stager
There are lots of simple things homeowners can do on their own to decorate their homes to sell. They can get rid of clutter, repaint, clean or put out fresh flowers. So why hire a home stager?
Many homeowners are unsure of what paint colors to choose or where to move the clutter. The process of selling a home can be completely overwhelming. They often lack real estate knowledge about their local markets and how homes in their price range should look.
A home stager has the ability to look at a home with a fresh pair of eyes and view the home as a highly critical buyer would see it. Home staging expert Debra Gould, also known as the Staging Diva® provides five examples of how a professional home stager can benefit home sellers:
1. A home stager knows what’s needed to create the right environment quickly and at the lowest cost.
2. A home stager knows what homes in different price ranges look like and what’s selling. They will give homeowners suggestions that their real estate agent may be afraid to offer because the agent does not want to risk losing the listing.
3. A home stager is not emotionally attached to any of the home’s contents, which means that they can see the home in a way that someone who has been living there for years simply cannot. Using their fresh vision, they recommend the optimal way to rearrange existing furniture, art and accessories.
4. A home stager can quickly choose new paint colors, flooring, tiles, counter tops or any number of finishes. They have a ready source of painters, cleaners, handymen, off-site storage and a myriad of other services that may be needed on short notice.
5. A home stager can bring in replacement furniture, accessories and art if what is there isn’t appropriate for the home’s target market or the home is empty.
Home staging is not just for multimillion dollar homes.
Even for modest homes, staging can have a dramatic effect on the selling price and the number of days spent on the market. For example, one of the homes Gould staged had previously been on the market for months with the best offer being $350,000. She spent 90 minutes with the owner rearranging the furniture, putting items in storage and telling him what needed to be cleaned. He sold the house the following week for $361,000!
How many other (legal) ways can you think of to invest $600 and get an $11,000 return on your investment the following week?
About the Author, Debra Gould
Internationally recognized home staging expert Debra Gould is president of Six Elements and creator of the Staging Diva Home Staging Business Training Program. Gould has staged hundreds of homes, including 7 of her own, and uses her expertise to train others worldwide.